So a year ago, I was most likely at Bass Pro trying to put up Christmas Trees, hanging ornaments and fighting with the visual "crazy person" (I'll be nice) over where snow should be. Stressed to the max, back and forth from the base setting up a move, my husband was in Florida at recruiting school and Jen Jen was living with me so I wouldn't be lonely :) Now I'm in West Virginia, working in an actual office, relaxed and 400+ miles away from that.
It amazes me how much things have changed over the last year. I was unemployed for 5 months, I've had 2 jobs in the last 6, had 5 sets of friends get married, gained 2 nephews (one blood.. one.. just as close eventhough I haven't seen him in person yet) and 2 puppies. It's been almost an entire year and my husband hasn't been away from home for more than 3 days at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a different life.
So today I'm missing some of the things I left behind, mainly my friends. 5-6 hours is entirely too far away from the people who I love sooo much! Right now I'm searching for a way eliminate some of the lame parts of maryland, virginia and west virginia so we can all be closer. haha or a way to make gas cheaper so I can drive back all the freakin' time!
Mannana- besides her obvious beauty, charm and smarts.. I miss her hugs. Her laugh (it's different when you can see the big ole smile she gets). Mannana is my rock. Who I can tell absolutely anything and everything and not get mad when she tells me the truth in return. My most trusted friend who's been with me through thick and thin. I can't imagine a better person. She just had "wiggly", who I haven't met yet. And although I've never seen him in person, I have so much love in my heart for that little man I could bust. I can't imagine when I have my own kids how much I'll love them based on how I feel about wiggly and my neice and nephew in Nova. It's amazing how much they mean to me. Mannana writes me letters and they make me so happy. I've never been one to keep in touch with anything other than email, but I find myself writing to her and sending pictures even if I do email her almost everyday. She's awesome!
Mannana- besides her obvious beauty, charm and smarts.. I miss her hugs. Her laugh (it's different when you can see the big ole smile she gets). Mannana is my rock. Who I can tell absolutely anything and everything and not get mad when she tells me the truth in return. My most trusted friend who's been with me through thick and thin. I can't imagine a better person. She just had "wiggly", who I haven't met yet. And although I've never seen him in person, I have so much love in my heart for that little man I could bust. I can't imagine when I have my own kids how much I'll love them based on how I feel about wiggly and my neice and nephew in Nova. It's amazing how much they mean to me. Mannana writes me letters and they make me so happy. I've never been one to keep in touch with anything other than email, but I find myself writing to her and sending pictures even if I do email her almost everyday. She's awesome!
Jen Jen- OHHHHHH my Jen Jen. Who can make me laugh with a single look. I would not have survived college without her. My wingman, my knife (REALLY inside.. don't ask), my peabody's buddy, partner in crime... you name it, Jen has the title. I can sit with her and have a serious conversation and ask advice or go to walmart and take pictures with wreaths around our heads... we're silly and I LOVE IT! I miss hubby's duty nights when Jen would come over and we'd eat pizza, ben and jerry's and watch tv. I miss her dropping into BPS to visit me and our visits to the KFC/taco bell. I can always seem to eat more when she's around. lol... She's one in a billion!
Gabi- Take all those nights of drunkness with me and Jen... and definetly add Gabi. The 3 of us were absolutely 100% without a doubt rediculous! Pretty much every thursday/friday/saturday night consisted of Gabi standing around helping me change outfits 50 times until we found the perfect outfit I hadn't worn in the last 2 weeks. I love her passion for purple hippos and her absolutely hilarious nature. There are not many people I know who would moon a random person going down the interstate at 2am.. but Gabi is definetly that person. Ohh lord, good times!
The CNU music kids- It might seem odd not to talk about them all individually, but really.. we're all music kids and collectively, we're the coolest people in the entire world. There were not many times that we were not all in a group, whether it be in class, the "listening" table where we talked and tried not to fall asleep, in someone's apartment cramming and praying we passed a music history exam or at cheese shop eating before chamber choir. The people I speak of, specifically are Jess, Greta, Jamie, Amy, Kym & Christy (some not pictured above) are some of the most talented people I've ever been around. All the girls mentioned above are sisters for life (yea SAI!) and were a huge part of my life for 3 years. These guys are the ones who got me though my degree, through the day to day of a deployment and a senior recital. I can't begin to explain the good times or how much I love them. When we get back together it's like we were never apart but I don't see or talk to them nearly enough. I miss them!Okay.. I have to stop... this is getting super long! If I haven't mentioned you, don't be mad.. I'll come back to this again.. I know.
I think about you all so much and wish we were closer.
1 comment:
I love you, with all my heart and I miss you everyday. I'm so incredibly glad we have created this friendship with no boundaries.
You, my love, are my rock. Not the other way around. I would be lost without you.
Plus, who else can I call when I'm in the drivethru at a fast food joint?
Post a Comment